The Marietta Elementary School curriculum adheres to state standards in all subjects, including the core areas of language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies. We also offer instruction in art, music, and physical education. For more information about Oklahoma state standards and assessments, please refer to the information at the side of the page.
School begins at 8:00 a.m. We ask parents and students to abide by the following rules for arrival time:
- The playground is not supervised before school. Students should not arrive more than fifteen minutes before school starts.
- Parents should drop students off in the elementary parking lot.
- Our staff will open the building doors at 7:40 a.m.
- Pre-K–5th grade students should wait by their classroom inside the building.
- Students are tardy starting at 8:00 a.m.
At the end of the day, we will dismiss bus riders at 2:55 p.m. and all other students at 3:10 p.m.
- Parents should pick up their children from the elementary parking lot.
- No child should be left on the school grounds later than 3:10 p.m., as there is no supervision. If an emergency arises, please call the office.
- Parents should notify the office or send written instructions to his/her child’s teacher about any changes to a student’s normal transportation schedule.
We mail out report cards showing student progress in school at the end of each nine weeks. Our office staff will schedule regular parent/teacher conferences to discuss student progress, but we always welcome parents to initiate a conference outside of the normal parent/teacher conference days.
Marietta Elementary School abides by the following grading scale.
A - 90–100
B - 80–89
C - 70–79
D - 60–69
F - Below 60
I - Incomplete, make-up required
Please note that we only issue progress reports, not report cards, to pre-k and kindergarten students.