Located in Love County, Oklahoma, Marietta Public School District serves preschool through high school students in the city of Marietta. Our small district consists of three schools, all of which work together toward a common goal: helping our students reach their full potential as lifelong learners and responsible, contributing citizens.
We believe that all students should be provided a clean, comfortable, pleasant, and safe environment in which to learn to their fullest potential.
At Marietta Public Schools, we are teaching to the future. We understand the responsibility of equipping our students with the knowledge and skills they need to be able to participate and improve life in a democratic society and on our planet.
We believe in making the necessary sacrifices to properly fund, staff, and equip our schools with the proper resources and facilities; we cannot afford to do less.
We at Marietta Public Schools believe that parents play an important part in their child’s academic success. The results of recent research are very clear. When parents are actively involved in their children’s education, they do better in school. It is essential for parents to have a positive attitude regarding education and to demonstrate trust that their children can do well.
We encourage all parents to get involved in their child’s education in the following ways:
- Meet the teacher and maintain contact with him or her throughout the school year.
- Visit your child's classroom, and volunteer when you can.
- Attend parent/teacher conferences.
- Join the PTO.
- Stay up to date on school policies, schedules, and rules.
- Check the website regularly for updated information.
- Contact the teacher or counselor when you have concerns.
- Talk to your child about what happens at school every day. Be sure to listen and share their concerns.
- Encourage reading at home, and provide a structured, supportive homework time.